Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Not always Mr. Smiley

When I look back on all of the posts and all of my little pet nick names for Andrew in the past two years, Mr. Smiley has probably been the one that comes to mind. I have called him: Buddy, Little man, Mr. Sunshine, and a host of other nicknames.

But I always think of him as my Mr. Smiley. He always finds a way to sneak one in when you need it most. From a far off yell of: "I wuv you Daddy!" to an up close and personal smooch on the kisser, Andrew always has a smile on his face, or a spring in his step.

But I did notice, that I have seldom posted a picture or grouping of pictures where he has a momentary lapse in his pleasant demeanor and let a cry slip out. (OK, ya caught me, there are quite a few of these, just seldom on tape or film!)

Here are three from Andrew last month when he was told that it was time to get ready for bed and put his trains away for the night.

Note: the last one doesn't show the kicking feet, but I think you get the idea...