Andrew worked really hard through the day making sure that we had all of the parts and knew right where they should go. If you have never worked with a 3 year old handing or helping with a project that has roughly 7,000 parts, it is a real treat. :)
But I LOVED having him help, and I always enjoy teaching a thing or two along the way. Hopefully he will be more handy than I am, but I know that I can never match my engineer Father in the handy (or at least authoritative in his answers and ability to come up with a solution) area!
Andrew chose a new Viking set when we went to the toy store the other day and really has enjoyed playing with the shield and sword. The helmet is a little too small, and is hard plastic without any padding, so he has not been wearing that around. But he wanted to watch a show with his Viking sword and shield while in the new 'cave.' It was tough to convince him that I needed to relocate the cave once the base was built, but he did help me carry it in once he agreed to moving it. What a big helper!
Momma took this one and asked Andrew to show her what a mean Viking looks like! I can hear Erik the Red quaking in his boots while Andrew gave a grimace!
Come on Daddy, I have it all ready. Lets just use this tool to put it all together!
Madeline got in on the action as well, and while wasn't as big of a help as her older brother, she sure added a touch of cuteness while she would run around on all of the parts and pieces with her little curls flying! :)