This morning after our first failed attempt at camping in the backyard Andrew and I were playing in the basement while the girls were upstairs sleeping away when he came up with a good idea...
So up we went and Andrew is getting to be quite the chef now. He knows just what we need for the sausage and waffles that we made. He called for some assistance with getting the milk, eggs, and syrup out of the fridge. Once back in the kitchen he told me that he was the chef and today I could be a chef as well with him. He didn't remember where the bisquik was, but got the 'medium' bowl and everything.
A few minutes later he had cracked the eggs, and with the help of his little binky wielding sister had measured the bisquik out as well as the milk and a little vanilla for a yummy taste.
Daddy made the sausage on the hot stove and got the waffle maker out, but I couldn't help but think about the first times cooking with Andrew on the floor of the kitchen and how now two years later, he is calling the shots and getting it all together. I will be really happy when he gets the whole breakfast ready for a sleeping Momma and Daddy so that we can just come out to a wonderful meal! ;)
Cooking classes held daily help everyone!