Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Quick shake down hike.

Mom, Andrew and I went for a quick hike on one of the community trails this evening with the backpack to make sure that everything was ok with the little man riding in the backpack.

It's been a while since we went out in it so I just wanted to make sure that he is ok with walking around up with the big people!

He really enjoyed it, I think that he nearly got whiplash from all of the gawking he made looking at everything as we hiked along. From the trees that were whooshing past his face to the ferns on the ground, Andrew tried to take it all in.

We only went out for a short time on a new trail that the city has put in, but it was a good time had by all.

I wanted to get out prior to Labor Day as we are planning a short weekend trip up to Saratoga Springs with some friends and their daughter who is slightly younger than Andrew. I think that it will be good for all of us to get out.

I figured that I could take the backpack and let Andrew ride around in style while Daddy got a slightly better exercise out of our walk than normal, so I wanted to make sure he was all set.

It was a lot of fun and I look forward to going out perhaps this weekend for a longer jaunt with the little guy!

Dad