When I refer to the home that I grew up with in WV I call it Stony Bottom which I know is the "city" but I never really knew the address. You don't have to know the address of a home when there are only 7 or 8 total homes in the town!
But the actual house was referred to as "Twin Pines camp" even now after the pines went away with the fire in the 80's. Believe it or not, I didn't even know this until I was looking for the home (remember I know it only with trees and a differant house prior to the fire!) on this trip.
We had driven past the house (set back way off the road) and then turned around looking for it only to stop at a home that a gentleman was outside fixing his fence. Once I introduced myself he explained that he had only moved to Stony Bottom about 9 years ago, but that he had lived there some 30 years ago so might be able to help. I explained who I was (John Marsh's grandson) and that I was looking for the house that we used to come up to from Huntington WV when I was a child.
Of course, he knew just who John Marsh was and knew him very well! He remembered my family and my Grandmother so could help me find the house. He refered to it as the "Twin Pines Lodge" which I just kind of agreed with him as I had never heard it refered to as such.
He said that it was quite a fire back in the 80's and that the huge trees are gone now, but the house was rebuilt and told us right where it was.
We went back by the general store / motel / post office run by Maud that we refered to as Maud's... Here is the address that is on the post office to this day! Note no actual street address!
-Nathan
