Well, I only update when I have some time to, so you can imagine the schedule around the Browne household when it's over a week since my last update!
Long days and late nights at work have given Daddy little time to be with Andrew while he is up and going, so when given the opportunity to work for a client today and still be home while configurations occur I snatched it right up!
I had to swing by work to pick up some equipment for me to prepare for this client's roll out next week and when I walked in everyone said that it was a death trap that everyone has been or is sick in there! So I quickly grabbed what I needed and left for the day.
I swung by Dunkin Donuts for a little coffee and some of Mommy's favorites on the way home to surprise them that Daddy would be couped up in the basement for the remainder of the day. But thats ok by me! Much better to get the work done and be able to take a quick diaper break or just spend a little quality time with Andrew while he is still an armful!
I will try to update later today with some Andrew news, but the question has come up if Andrew has decided to give up his last tie with being born (his cord!) and as of today he still has a firmly affixed cord stump!
Momma went on line on Monday and checked out the status from various sources and apparently it is normal to lose a cord as late as 8-10 weeks old. After that the doctors typically use a drying agent that allows for quicker release of the cord and usually is done at their 8 week checkup if needed. So even though he is still working on getting rid of it I think that he is enjoying still being a little newborn. Of course, with all of the diapers now having straight across covers, it makes it a little more difficult for us to keep it uncovered and drying out, but we do our best.
-Dad